Harrisville Designs Lap Loom (Style A)
Brand: Harrisville Designs
- Harrisville Lap Loom kit makes beautiful and colorful tapestries.
- Versatile tools and instructions allow you to make any custom design.
- Hand weaving is a time-honored, educational and fun activity for children and adults alike.
- Preserves the New Hampshire tradition of handmade textiles produced exclusively in the USA.
- Includes 1 Tapestry Needle, 2 Wooden Shed Sticks, 2 Wooden Stick Shuttles and illustrated instructions. For ages 7 and up.
Publisher: Harrisville Designs
Release Date: 2010-09-15
Warranty: Thirty day guarantee against manufacturer defects in materials and workmanship
Details: Lap Loom a - size: 12" X 16 a simple and practical way to learn to weave. The lap Looms include: 1 ounce of cotton warp string100% pure Virgin wool weft yarn(enough to complete 1 Project) 1 tapestry needle 2 wooden shed sticks 1- 6" Wooden stick shuttle and illustrated instructionsharrisville is a small, family owned and operated business, and we believe that quality should not be compromised for even the smallest product.In today's fast-paced, high-tech, super-hyped world, learning an ancient craft may be just the calming influence kids need. With Harrisville Designs' simple, sturdy, authentic hardwood lap loom, children and teens can learn basic techniques for weaving tapestries, wall hangings, bags, pillows, place mats, purses, and more. Equipped with slanted nylon pegs, this 12-by-16-inch loom comes with enough cotton warp string and wool yarn to weave one 9-by-15-inch project. You also get basic weaving tools, including a stick shuttle, a large blunt tapestry needle, and two shed sticks. In addition, a 16-page booklet provides information about the history of weaving, as well as instructions in basic technique. Winner of Learning magazine's Teachers' Choice Award, this loom is recommended for children ages 7 and older, although preteens will probably need adult help to get started. --Joan DeClaire
Package Dimensions: 16.6 x 12.3 x 2.1 inches